Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Living the Dream Tour Team Members

Rings of Olympic Rings!

There is no doubt in my mind - I am NOT an athlete.....well, not anymore. There was a great time in my youth, around the mid 80's where I did pretty well but now, I don't have the knees for it and to be honest with you, the thought of sweating makes me perspire a little.  So you can imagine the confusion in my mind when my doctor suggested I wear "skins" on the plane so as to not inflame the blood clot behind my knee and turn it into full blown DVT.  I mean cyclists and runners wear skins, right? I've seen them flying past me as I sip my morning soy latte and read the paper on my iPad.  Perhaps in my "skin" ensemble, people might think I'm part of the Olympic team?  Well, they won't be wrong, because this year London is going to see a whole new chapter in the Australian Team.  We will be representing our country in Audience Participation.  The new demonstration sport, that we're hoping will be introduced as a regular event in the years to come.

(sampling the finer things in Prague)

Let me introduce The Team that is sure to take GOLD in London for the best applauding and whoop whooping.  Our first member is a lady who owns more than 1 pair of skins and wears them on a regular basis whilst cycling and doing fitness training, you know that early morning stuff in the park with a trainer! What she lacks in holiday organisational skills, she certainly makes up for in "get up and go" once she's there. I'm sure we'll see a great deal of that from her this year. She makes a mean breakfast ,loves to laugh and has access to some spectacular hangover cures. Some may know her as my ever enduring travel partner, and the ultimate Queen of the "Oh What a Feeling" jump, but to me she's my very good friend, The Magnificent Madds.

(after riding 240kms in the Ride to Conquer Cancer)

The second Team Member on the Living the Dream tour is a fabulously adventurous lady who when she's not climbing mountains with Madeline, is donning a frock and heading to the races or taking her rightful seat in the MCG Member's stand to cheer on Carlton.  Never one to miss a sporting event, this gorgeous lady has acquired the most tickets to Olympic events out of all our Team Members this year and has even doubled up on herself.  It will be interesting to watch her literally be in two places at once!     With her knowledge and expertise in the medical arena, she will be a very handy asset to the Team. She's fit, she's resourceful and she's one of the funniest ladies I've ever met, ladies and gents, I give you -  The Lovely Lu.  

 (at the Australian Open with her lovely Mum, Leah)

Team Member No. 3 this year is a lady who is taking advantage of her (faux) dual citizenship.  Even though she resides in England and is in fact, English, we are allowing her to be part of the Australian Team due to her wonderful sportsmanship and talent for snagging all the good tickets.  Some call her our good luck charm and wonder if we should maybe lend her out to the English Team for limited, preselected events. What this little pocket rocket lacks in upper arm strength she certainly makes up for in spirit, enthusiasm and accommodation!  She is super creative in the field of Arts and makes a great cup of tea.  Australia, please welcome - The Talented Tans.

(A real English Rose in the Queen's Garden - London)

Wish us luck fellow patriots.  We're not doing this just for us, but for all of you back home.
But mainly for us.

xxx


1 comment: