Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Final Countdown

This trip has been a long time in the planning and we're finally down to the last 2 weeks. 



Well, let me tell you, this is going to be the longest 2 weeks in my life...... I've been packed for a couple of weeks already.  I'm obviously trying to train myself to live out of a suitcase.

 However, it has been hard to be super duper excited until now as two of our Team Members, Madds and Lu have been very busy climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and going on safari in Africa.  I've been told that this was a new form of training for our Audience Participation Sport.... something to do with the high altitudes of our seats in the Olympic stadiums.  So Tans and I were left to keep the excitement fires burning and we've done our best - truly we have, but with the time difference and what not, it's been a difficult time.  

Now the girls are back and we are once again a full contingent, the excitement is beginning to build.

The checking and double checking of paperwork and travel documents and bookings and confirmations has started.   Although I would be completely surprised if something went amiss on this trip, for I am a planner.  Even though a very wise Travel Agent once said to me "something is always bound to go wrong on a trip like this....." but let me tell you, if something dared go awry after the plethora hours I have put into the organisation of this jaunt there will be some big big trouble.  And ladies... look out, as it will be the fault of the nearest person to me at the time!  Hey, everything's going to be fine.  Just don't say you weren't warned.

So..... back to the checklist.

* Toothbrush
* Gum boots
* Umbrella
* Australia Flag
*
*

1 comment:

  1. Aussie flag. Check.
    'Blow up' Aussie finger. Check.
    Looks like I'm ready ;-)

    ReplyDelete