Friday, October 5, 2012

9/11

photo.JPG by Shellenski
photo.JPG, a photo by Shellenski on Flickr.

In 2001 I was on my way home from work about the time the first plane hit the world trade centre. I made it home just in time to turn the telly on to see the 2nd plane hit. I thought, as did many people, that it was a movie.

In 2009 the girls from The Girlie Tour and I arrived in New York on September 10th, just in time to get down to Ground Zero for the anniversary.

And in 2012 I went through an enormous amount of security checks to get in to see the new public memorial. 2 pools, a north and south pool in the place where the towers once stood. Next to them is the newest and tallest building in New York - The Freedom Tower.

There's still a lot of building work going on as they are erecting 6 more buildings around the World Trade Centre site...... and nothing is going to ruin it! There are about 6000 police and security guards milling around the site making sure all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment