Thursday, October 11, 2012

The End

photo.JPG by Shellenski
photo.JPG, a photo by Shellenski on Flickr.

So, that's it then. We are finally at the end of this mega mammoth tour that was Living The Dream".

I have mixed feelings about heading back to Melbourne, but the main feeling is I can't wait to get there. Traveling is great and we've seen and done some fabulous things over the past 3 months, but there's always something about coming home. Being close to friends and family, sleeping in your own bed and being able to make a vegemite sandwich without hassle are all things I've missed.

This trip wouldn't have been the same and really couldn't have happened it it weren't for the Living The Dream Team :

Madds - you made a lot of peoples' day during the Olympics and your ability to take photos out of the moving car window throughout Ireland was magnificent.

Lu - Your passion and dedication throughout the London 2012 Olympic Games was unprecedented and you are still one of the funniest chicks I know.

Tans - A big congratulations goes out to Miss Tanya Hammond who has become engaged since the English/Irish leg of the tour finished. Well done to Nick. I'd like to thank you guys, together with Adam for all your amazing hospitality. You are truly gracious hosts and I look forward to the wedding (assuming there's an invite in the mail..... well you sort of have to now that I've blogged about it, right?) Tans, your organisational skills are second to none and it is great to know that we can always rely on you to get us up in the morning!

Next, Me Jenny - what a great travel companion. She never complains, just goes with the flow and wants to try everything..... and also likes to have the odd nanna nap in the afternoon, which I also love - so it was win win!

So, what were our favourite places on the tour you ask? What a great question....

1000 Islands, Ontario, Canada: for its sheer beauty and marvellous engineering feats where they built houses on tiny islands make mostly out of rock.

Niagara on the Lakes, Ontario, Cananda: for being the prettiest town we visited and for the best bakery home made sausage rolls.

The Rockies, BC & Alberta, Canada: for the spectacularism of the scenery (so good it gets its own word) and the plethora wildlife.

Charlottetown, PEI, Canada: for Anne Shirley

Kilkenny, Kilkenny Co. Ireland: for the quaintness and for the Kilkenny Kats - Go the Kats!

Quebec City, Quebec: for the cobblestone streets and the wall murals in the street.

London, England: for putting on a great Olympics.

Vancouver, Canada: for introducing me to the Red Velvet Cupcake - you may have created a monster.

A big thank you to all the people who came to meet me to catch up and made themselves available and opened their homes to me.

And last, but certainly not least - thanks to you all for reading. Without you, it's just me, and I don't know anyone who'd be happy with that.

So, until next time...... I'll leave you with this photo that I took this morning of something that made me giggle......

Until next time.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment