Saturday, August 25, 2012

Can You Be Too Helpful?

You know those times when you're in a hurry and you think I'll just go and post all the things I can't fit in my suitcase before I catch my train in 40 minutes.  So you line up in the post office line and when it's finally your turn the extremely helpful man behind the counter, who wants to give you the best post office experience you can possibly have goes through every single price range and all the features that goes with each one.  So when I say "yep, that's a good one, I'll have that one" he's not quite sure he's completely satisfied my needs and so goes on explaining all the other price packages on offer. Then when I ask "Do your have any tape, but don't worry if you don't have any handy" he searches the entire building, looking in every cupboard and drawer, even with me calling out "really, it's fine.  Don't worry" and checking my watch.  But a customer has made a request of him and he's going to fulfil his duty - no matter what!

If I wasn't in such a hurry, I would have enjoyed the service a lot more.

I guess it's good to see someone thoroughly enjoying their job in the service industry...... A rare find!

No comments:

Post a Comment