Friday, August 24, 2012

Window Jo

photo.JPG by Shellenski
photo.JPG, a photo by Shellenski on Flickr.

The whirlwind tour of visiting past lives continues......

Today I was meeting Jo, a lovely lady that I worked with back in my Timberland days in Sydney - about 14 years ago. Jo used to do all the merchandising and dress the windows, hence the name "Window Jo"! When she moved back to her native UK, we kept in touch intermittently, but I've never forgotten her gorgeousness. When I lived in the UK, we weren't that far from each other, but unfortunately, a meeting never eventuated. So this time, I was determined.

I picked up my hire car at 8.30am, which took an hour to do paperwork and painstakingly go through every button in the car and it's function.....including windows buttons, just in case I'd never been in a car before. Then as I was turning on my TomTom,the man appeared at the window and asked if I'd prefer a brand new car instead. "Well, of course" I replied...... Back to the desk to swap paperwork and then another detailed lesson of car interior mechanics. This one had a built in GPS, but it was so hard to work out that I just used mine anyway..... Oh well, brand new peugeot and off I went following the GPS directions - straight through the centre of London! An hour later, I I merged, unscathed on the north side and my M1 journey could now begin. Jo lives in Northampton, which is about 2 hours from London, so by them time I got there, got lost in Northampton and then finally found her, I only had about 25 minutes before I needed to get back on the road to meet my next lunch date mates. But it was a great 25 minutes and well worth it. Jo was exactly the same as she was 14 years ago except she now has teh most gorgeous son, Josh who was super excited to be meeting a "real life Australian" in real life! He'd being learning about Australia at school and was fascinated by the funny way we talk.

And so, the journey continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment