Tuesday, August 28, 2012

On The Road Again......

Today we fly to Victoria Island to start the first leg of our Canadian/Alaskan Odyssey.

The last few trips I've done with me Jenny have been mainly filled with much older people.  Now, don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with the elderly, except when you need to pile on a bus in a limited amount of time.  We've had people with zimmer frames and I think that's fantastic that this particular lady was still getting out there and seeing the world, but it did add to people's (our) frustrations.  Very important to pack your patience...... life's greatest virtue!

On the last trip I was named: VRO - Veteren Retrieval Office.  This title was bestoed on me after a number of our party would wonder off and then not know where we were, so my experience as a teacher and keeping a large group of kids together came in very handy as I would do a head count then scan the tourist location (filled with 1000's of people) for familiar faces and then go and collect them.

It will be very interesting to see who our tour partners are going to be for the next couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment