Friday, August 24, 2012

Catching Up With The Jones

photo.JPG by Shellenski
photo.JPG, a photo by Shellenski on Flickr.

Some of you might know that when I was in Birmingham I used to go steady with a lovely boy called James, but I also like to think I was going steady, in a way with his family as well...... Things sadly didn't work out with James, but we've always stayed friends and have continued to stay in contact, so too with Lorna and Victor, James' sister, Rebecca and her son, Nathaniel.... And James' Nanny Stick and Granddad, Oggie.

I hadn't seen Lorna and Victor since leaving so I was super excited to be going up there to visit. They were their same gorgeous selves and I'm so glad we all made the effort to stay in touch. The Joneses are definitely one of the most beautiful families ive ever met and I was very happy to be a part of it, even for a short while.

Nathaniel, who was 2 when I left has apparently always asked where I was and since learning about Africa at school, wondered if I lived in a mud hut and wanted to know if I had any water where I lived. Bless!

Thank you so much for your hospitality Joneses. Xxx

PS: I'm at the front of the picture which is why my head looks so big compared with everyone else's!

1 comment: